Care and Cleaning
For Granite and Stone Surfaces
- Have Perfect Granite Solutions seal your stone to help prevent staining.
- Spray a mild neutral, non-rinse Stone Cleaner on the surface of the stone and wipe clean with a small cloth towel. Clean as often as you need to.
- For dried on foods, let the cleaner soften the foods, and then wipe as usual. You can also use a stiff edge plastic tool or utensil. Do not use metal tools.
- For heavy oil residue, apply two drops of dish soap to a wet sponge and wipe clean. Follow up with the non-rinse stone cleaner.
- After cleaning, apply our Stone Enhancer and Polish for added shine and protection.
- Cover stone when using acidic liquids on marble, limestone and travertine.
- Hot pans can usually be set directly on stone. If any dulling or clouding is noticed, call Perfect Granite Solutions.
- Cutting with knives on granite is ok. Marble and limestone will scratch. If scratches or chips are noticed on granite, stop cutting and use a cutting board. Cutting boards are recommended for most situations.
- Do not stand or sit on counter tops and overhangs.
- Floors require cleaning with a damp mop and a concentrated non-rinse stone cleaner.
- Schedule routine professional cleaning and sealing as recommended.
- Contact Perfect Granite Solutions with any questions or comments about stone care.